This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Fluent Validation

Apr 28, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Edited Apr 28, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Jeremy,

I've read your book and I have to say thanks. It teaches me a lot on Silverlight. I have 1 question on the validation methods you implemented that is Fluent Validation. In the book you showed that the BaseEntity class implements the INotifyDataErrorInfo which is only availalbe only on Silverlight project. How do I make a validation base that can be used both on the client as well as the server? or should I move to the .Net Framework 4.5?

Sorry I don't know where else I could ask this to you.

Coordinator
Apr 30, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Thanks for the feedback - I hope you'll be able to post a review online when you have a moment.

The fluent validation doesn't have to hook into the same error notification system. In other words, you can have a client/server validation library that simply takes a value and returns a result. On the Silverlight side, you can implement it to use the base interface, whereas on the server side you can implement it differently. If you're sharing objects a common way to do this is to share a common base object, then derive it on both sides for the client or server specific behaviors.