This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

1.0 RTM (Coming Soon)

Coordinator
Mar 28, 2011 at 2:18 PM

Besides the RIA services examples which can be done out of band, I believe everything needed for a 1.0 RTM is in place. I plan on doing that this coming week (including a NuGet package) but before I do, I wanted to reach out to you, the users of Jounce, and make sure there is nothing else lacking before I release. If there is a major feature you feel is lacking, let me know and I'll look at the feasibility of integrating it into the 1.0 drop.

Thanks everyone for your support and feedback!

Mar 28, 2011 at 2:34 PM

Wow Jeremy, this is great news!

we're working on a second app and again elected Jounce to be our MVVM framework.

Maybe a bit off-topic, but how do I bind 2 views to one instance of a viewmodel?

Thanks,

SiKo

Coordinator
Mar 28, 2011 at 2:44 PM

That's great news!

Binding two views to the same view model is the same as binding a single view. You can either export a second route (same view model, different view) or use the fluent configuration.

The view model will get passed the view tag that is activated in the Activate View, and you'll have a collection of views exposed in the view model. You can basically do a "go to visual state" and pass the view tag, and it is entirely decoupled since you are handed the view tag.

Mar 30, 2011 at 1:18 AM

Hi Jeremy,

I have posted an 'issue' (see http://jounce.codeplex.com/workitem/13274), but perhaps this was a mistake on my part and it should be a discussion?

Can you please take a look at this and if it should be here instead, let me know and I can move it.

Thanks,

Stuart