This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Jounce Entity CRUD ChildWindows?

Jan 13, 2011 at 10:40 AM
Edited Jan 19, 2011 at 1:08 PM

Hi Jeremy,

I've been testing out Jounce for a few months now and have very much enjoyed the experience :) Thank you!

I have a question regarding ChildWindow dialogs that deal with editing/creating an entity item. I was wondering if you might be able to give some tips on how you would implement an entity ChildWindow dialog that could be displayed in the appropriate MVVM way using the Jounce framework. I would ideally like to have my dialog view bind to a view model (a BaseEntityViewModel) and would like to inject this and the dialog view into a ChildWindow service using Jounce features like the current [ExportAsView] system. However this doesn't deal with ChildWindow objects.

I have struggled so far to get this to work in a good way with Jounce and would really appreciate your opinion.

Cheers,

Si.

Coordinator
Feb 17, 2011 at 12:43 AM

Sorry for the late response. I would typically bind by grabbing access to the view model router and setting the datacontext on load, then use inter-view model messaging and/or the event aggregator. Does that make sense? I will look for a first class option for this in the RTM.