Compatibility WPF, WinRT

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Hi,

I like Jounce, but why it's only for Silverlight ?

I work with WPF and now with WinRT and I prefers Jounce than others MVVM toolkit !!

Coordinator
Apr 20, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I'm looking at a Portable Library version that will target Silverlight, WPF, and Windows 8.

Apr 24, 2012 at 3:54 PM

very good news.

thanks

Aug 7, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Hi Jeremy,

do you have news about a port of Jounce to WPF ?
Knowing that this will/would be possible, would save my day ;o)

Kind regards, Steven De Roo (Belgium) 

Oct 17, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I am also very interested in the portable library version. Jounce is the best MVVM framework by far, and a portable version would be amazing.

Nov 28, 2012 at 1:41 PM

+1 vote from me too.

Coordinator
Nov 28, 2012 at 1:43 PM

So do you believe this should be Jounce, but portable, or something different? I'm not 100% convinced about MEF for Windows Store apps. I know it's an option. What are your favorite features about Jounce? One of mine, dynamic module loading, simply isn't possible with Windows 8, and the navigation is moot with the built-in navigation stack that the templates provide for Windows Store apps. Interested in your thoughts!

Dec 14, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I'm about to start serious on WinRT development although I won't stop Silverlight development for a while... I think lot's of people are in the same situation. We would love to have something like Jounce at the beginning our WinRT app development. I work on a huge Silverlight app that was started before the MVVM frameworks were mature and now is way harder to introduce them in the product.

I believe what we need for now is Jounce ported for WinRT to begin with and then add more features to winrt-jounce  that make sense in Windows 8 touch/metro environment.

I just hope it comes sooner than later so we can have some sort MVVM guidance in these early stages...

In all cases thanks a lot...

Sep 8, 2013 at 6:23 PM
A portable version would be awesome. I'm starting a Windows Store app, and I need an event aggregator! ;-)