Jounce 1.0 RTM - kudos to the team

Mar 30, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Hi Jeremy, hi Page,

I'd like to extend my profuse thanks to you (and whatever unnamed contributors there are) for devising and implementing Jounce and sharing it with the community.

In my humble opinion, you have created a tool of great usefulness and a real software engineering gem at the same time. Perhaps even more importantly, by accompanying Jounce with an exemplary set of high-quality documentation you are making the learning experience for even the MVVM/MEF novice so much easier than it is with most of the other frameworks with similar focus.

I've used Jounce 0.9+ in the development of a real-world LOB Silverlight application for some time, and so far it has been a perfect fit for my requirements. Jounce 1.0 offers several key improvements with its support for nonshared ViewModels and activation parameters - so I'll certainly look no further than right here when it comes to choosing or recommending a platform for composite Silverlight applications.

Thanks again and keep up the excellent work!

DrJ

P.S. ... and please forgive the narrow-minded ingrates such as myself who even now dare to raise issues for the further improvement of Jounce 1.0 :-)

Mar 30, 2011 at 6:45 PM
Edited Mar 30, 2011 at 6:46 PM

I have to admit.
Wonderfull gift to the community, excellent work, in development and in documentation!

I should bow my head now ;)

PS. Thanks!

Mar 30, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Thanks to Jeremy and whoever else contributed (so far)! Excellent code, fantastic support and great guidance (which seemed to arrive JIT every time again!)

Using Jounce for a second LOB, and being very happy with the latest additions.

Keep up the good work!

Coordinator
Mar 31, 2011 at 2:47 AM

Everyone, thanks so much, can't tell you how heart warming receiving the notices of these posts was today! Awesome feedback and appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts. And Dr. J, those "issues" are what help the product grow and get better so keep them coming!

You're welcome everyone!