Jounce with Business Application Template?

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Hi Jeremy

I really like the look of Jounce and have been through the quickstarts, which have really helped with understanding MEF.

I was just wondering if there is or will be a quick start of the Business application template using Jounce?  I'm new to MEF and seeing an example like this I think would be really useful not just to myself but I'm sure many other people too. 

Keep up the great work.

Thanks. 

Coordinator
Jan 24, 2011 at 1:12 PM

Thanks! The quick starts already have a navigation example. The business template is nothing more than a navigation template with some fancy animations and an approach to WCF service interop. Jounce doesn't really address this concern as it's outside of what MVVM is - MVVM certainly uses the services but I don't believe a framework should dictate how you communicate. I also think that template is rife with poor examples of the "right way" to do things so I tend to stay away from it. I'm working on a reference business app that will be published and show best practices across the board but it will be awhile before I can publish it - busy, busy, busy!

Jeremy

Feb 9, 2011 at 7:40 AM

Hi Jeremy:

currently i am client-server application programmer and need to convert the application in to silverlight. I am new into web development and totally need to learn from the beginning. If i manage to get a Business application template which have a main page consists Header-content-footer and adding in my page and display the page in the content area will help me a lot to start learn this new technology. At least i can get something out with the shortest time.

thanks.