Very Interesting

Dec 23, 2010 at 6:32 AM
Edited Dec 23, 2010 at 6:35 AM

Jeremy

Someone pointed me at this the other day, and although I am not a SL man (I like WPF), you would be amazed at how similar my own WPF/SL MVVM framework ideas are to yours. We both use MEF in a very simliar manner. I think your framework has a couple of tricks mine does not and vice versa.

Very interesting

Obviously Jounce is great, very nice indeed. One thing I never included was Regions, but one user of my framework tried PRISM regions and my stuff, with like 1 attribute and 1 bootstrapper and it just worked, I was well happy with that. You gotta love the MEF.

I think I should also include DeploymentCatalog  based service for downloading XAPs, right now I just rely on monitoring a particular directory where you can download stuff too.

So if you are curious my framework is called "Cinch", and can be found here : http://cinch.codeplex.com/

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Thanks, Sacha! I appreciate you dropping by and sharing your thoughts. I am familiar with Cinch, very nice framework.

Dec 23, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Thanks Jeremy. If I had not have written my own framework, I would surely have joined forces with you as you wanted some help I gather from your request for help. As your framework is just what I would like to do, in fact as I say I did, we think the same'ish way about our MVVM frameworks it would appear.

Once again congrats on Jounce, sure it will be used quite a lot, and rightly so.