MEF Dynamic Xap Download Progress

Nov 15, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Hello Jeremy,

It is my understanding that in order to display the percentage complete (or a busy indicator) during a Xap download , it is necessary to subscribe to the DeplomentCatalog.DownloadProgressChanged event ( http://mef.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=DeploymentCatalog ).  Currently our application (which runs in out-of-browser mode) is using Deployment.RequestXap.  How can we "hook into" the DownloadProgressChanged event?  It would appear that we need to register an additional WorkflowEvent that would be attached to the deployment catalog.

Thank you for your assistance.

F. Thornton Boulware III

Coordinator
Nov 15, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Nice one - I've put it as a feature request but should be simple to do.

I'll allow a direct registration (i.e. direct call with a callback) in addition to a event that you can use for generic processing (i.e. if it is triggered by a navgation).

How does that sound?

Nov 15, 2010 at 8:51 PM
Perfect. What is your timetable for releasing a version with this feature?

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 15, 2010, at 1:38 PM, "jeremylikness" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Nice one - I've put it as a feature request but should be simple to do.

I'll allow a direct registration (i.e. direct call with a callback) in addition to a event that you can use for generic processing (i.e. if it is triggered by a navgation).

How does that sound?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Jounce@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Jounce@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Nov 15, 2010 at 9:03 PM

I’m not sure 100% when 1.0 will come out, but the feature itself I should have merged in within a week or so, for availability via the download current version link.

Sent: Monday, November 15, 2010 4:52 PM
To: jeremy@jeremylikness.com
Subject: Re: MEF Dynamic Xap Download Progress [Jounce:234791]

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 15, 2010, at 1:38 PM, "jeremylikness" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

How does that sound?

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Jounce@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Jounce@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Nov 15, 2010 at 11:55 PM

Thank you. I look forward to the upgrade.

F. Thornton Boulware III

Lead Developer

RMI Management, LLC

o. 702.737.8580 | f. 702.315.1313 | www.rmillc.com

Click to follow RMI!
http://www.rmillc.com/files/twitter_logo.pnghttp://www.rmillc.com/files/facebook_logo.pnghttp://www.rmillc.com/files/linkedIn_logo.gif

Sent: Monday, November 15, 2010 2:04 PM
To: F. Thornton Boulware III

I’m not sure 100% when 1.0 will come out, but the feature itself I should have merged in within a week or so, for availability via the download current version link.

Sent: Monday, November 15, 2010 4:52 PM
To: jeremy@jeremylikness.com

Sent from my iPhone

How does that sound?

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com